Friday, September 19, 2008

Feeling Great--It Take Willpower, Determination and a Hard Head (Part II)

It seems that everything is working against the rules of good health in today's society. For example:

Here on the east coast, the good TV shows come on at 10 p.m. The network channel news broadcasts don't start until 11:00 p.m.
  • The 40 hour work week we grew up with is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. Many salaried employees find themselves toiling away at an 45-55 hours per week, aned some even much more. And this is what is expected. Do you ever get a headache?

  • It also seems like the drive to and from work keeps getting longer. If we work 50 hours per week and spend 2 hours per day driving to and from work, that's a total of 60 hours. A lot of time. What happened to that utopian society that was predicted 30 years ago? And many of us have to put in time on weekends as well. The telecommuter, who has the luxury of working form home is some times no better off. When I telecommute I often start an hour early and work late. If I have my PC at home over the weekend it's almost guaranteed that I'll log in for some work time.

  • When I was a kid, it seems that I rarely had a lot of homework. I did most of the work during class. Through their school years, my kids (the last of which will graduate this year) were often bringing home 2-3 hours of homework per night. And guess what that means, my wife and I, as woefully prepared as we were at times, got to help them!

  • The extracurricular activities that kids are involved in today are outstanding, but they are also very time consuming. Gone are the days when our kids could play an unsupervised game of baseball, basketball, volleyball, soccer or football in the yard or neighborhood park with some friends. Now everything has got to be a big coordinated effort with uniforms and umpires and crazy parents sitting in the stands barking about every call the referee or umpire makes.


What I'm trying to say is that the pressures on our time are enormous. Sometimes we wonder who has time to exercise? It definitely takes willpower and determination to eat well and keep up a regular workout program. In my next blog, I would like to make a few simple suggestions that may make a seemingly impossible task at least a little easier.

At Feelingoutstanding.com we are all about trying to help with our everyday lives. We are not going to offer a miracle drug that will cure all your ills at the drop of a hat. What we are going to suggest are proven, natural remedies that do help over time.



Here's to your helath, here's to Feeling Outstanding!
Tom Thorne
http://www.feelingoutstanding.com/

No comments: