Monday, July 28, 2008

Migraine Headaches - Where am I Now?



That's me. Smiling! Something I haven't done near enough of us over the past 40 years. Now, I definitely have something to smile about and I praise our God every day for it!

Where am I now? How am I doing now? Much, much better. Yesterday I had my first serious headache (and it wasn't as serious as they have been) in 20 days. For me, that is a huge step forward. I feel like I have control of my life for the first time. I feel like I can do things, plan activities and have fun without the constant fear of a headache. It's a great feeling.

Another thing that has started happening recently. If you look at my picture you can tell that I'm pretty slim. That's not because I don't eat enough. I am a hearty eater and I do enjoy my food. All of my life though I have not been able to gain weight. When I would use the Body Mass Index calculation I would show up an anorexic. Starting about three months ago I started to gain some weight. In fact, I have gained 9 pounds. That moves me to the underweight category. Better than anorexic!

I know that most people I talk to credit my weight gain to the Total Gym exercise program that I am on. After all, muscle weighs more than fat. In response, I say, partially partially. In the first place, I sure didn't have a lot of fat on me. The other fact is that before the year 2008, when I had headaches so often there would be periods of day or two nearly every week when I would just about not eat a thing. It's hard to gain any weight that way.

To summarize, at 48 years old I feel better than I ever have. I just do not agree with the nay-sayers who do not believe in the benefits of nutritional products. Realizing that of all the M.D.s and neurologists that I went to over the years it took a naturopathic physician who works out of a small office in Hickory, NC to point me in the right direction makes a person very inquisitive. Please don't get me wrong, there are many areas where physicians are extremely beneficial. But I think there are some areas where they put too much emphasis in the wrong areas and dismiss some of the simple facts. A balanced approach is needed.

To learn more about headaches, MSG, causes of headaches and ways to treat headaches visit the FeelingOutstanding.com webpage.

Our Eye and Neck Comfort Pillows page demonstrates the beautiful 'Comfort Pillows by Valerie' which are great for stress relief and great relaxation.

Tomorrow, I want to wrap this series up by summarizing the steps I took to gain natural headache relief.

Have a great day, here's hoping you are feeling outstanding.

No comments: