Sunday, July 20, 2008

Migraine Headaches and Exercise - My experience

Hiking in Alaska. Now that's exercise. Take a look at this dude. He has a short sleeve shirt on. Either it is warmer than the slow covered mountains would indicate or he is cold blooded.

At this point in our journey toward my freedom from migraine headaches I need to talk about exercise. I have always believed in exercise. I look at my father who will be 83 in 2 days. He is one of the best conditioned people of his age that I have ever seen. Why? Because throughout his life he watched his diet and participated in a regular exercise program. When compared with his father, there is no comparison. What I am saying is that it is not all genetic.

The benefits of exercise are well established. I like to exercise. My philospophy has been that when I turn 50 (which will be very soon now), or 60 or 70 I don't want my children and to spend their time waiting on me because I am too decrepit to help myself. I want to be able to play with them, have fun and see them having fun.

By the time I turned 45 (I am 48 now) I realized that things were not turning out as hoped for. As long as I had these daily headaches I was not fulfilling my dream. I was not able to play with my kids. And on top of that, I was a grouch most of the time.

The big problem was that whenever I exercised even lightly, or played sports with the kids, or participated in almost any kind of physical activity I would end up with a headache. The harder I worked out, the worse the headache. It was a sad state of affairs. Doing something good for my body (exercising) made me feel very bad. What was I supposed to do? Even though I knew full well I would develop a headache afterwards I kept exercising pretty regularly all throughout my life up until I turned 45. It was crystal clear that there was a strong and definite correlation between exercise and headaches. My amount and intensity of exercise dropped, and I started feeling worse if other ways (more colds and other routine ailments).

After I started taking the VEMMA product, donned new eyeglasses and started feeling somewhat better I took another bold move. During the beginning of April I went ahead and purchased the Chuck Norris Total Gym. I did not know if I would be able to exercise now without headaches or not but I made the investment anyway.

I am very happy to say that exercise now has proven to be another benefit. I can exercise strenuously without getting a headache. Believe me, 30-40 minutes on the Total Gym is strenuous. I have also found that 5 or 6 times since I have been working out with the Total Gym I have started an exercise session with a slight to moderate headache and by the time I was finished the headache was gone. Now, I feel great after I work out. Exercising is finally dong what it is supposed to. It's a great feeling! I do not know if it is only because of the Total Gym, I am not denying that these improvements may have occured with other exercise programs as well. I am just mentioning the Total Gym here because it is what I use.

Let me leave you today with another view of Alaska.

I hope all is well, you're feeling great and enjoying life. If anyone has any remedies that have worked for to relive headache pain, please share them. This is my story. People who experience the pain caused by headaches are searching for answers. Any input is appreciated.


To learn more about the exciting VEMMA product visit: http://www.FeelingOutstanding.com/vemma_nutrition.html

If you are an exercise enthusiast like me you'll want to check out the Total Gym:
http://www.FeelingOutstanding..com/Chuck_Norris_Home_Gym.html





























No comments: